Thursday, May 24, 2007
posted by Daniel at 6:03 p.m.
Take any number. Any number. Believe me. (You might want to use a small one. This one could be a doozy)

Alright, you've got a number. Congratulations! Don't get ahead of yourself, the fun is just beginning!

Here's a tricky part! You need to figure out if the number you picked... was odd or even.

STEP 1:If the number was odd, triple it and add one. (important.... You must realize that the number that was odd... is even now. Continue to step 2.)
STEP 2: If it's even, divide by two. (If your number becomes odd, return to step one.)
Repeat.
....
And repeat....
And repeat....

Eventually, you will find that you're number has become one. That's right! No matter what number you picked, it's become little old 1. Even numbers in the multiples of TRILLIONS will become one. What an amazing trick!

I, for one, am simply aghast.


(Mrs. Armstrong, I hope you understand that my computer is not formatted properly to use all of this sites SUPER COOL features. I can't stick fancy pictures in, I don't even think I can turn on and off bold or italics.)
 



1 Comments:


At May 24, 2007 7:44 p.m., Blogger Ms. Armstrong

Well Daniel,
You know how much I love gadgets and fancy flashing doodads but...sometimes...not often...but sometimes things are sooooooo cool that simple is best. This is one of those times. Your trick is so trippy that you just don't need any flashy bling. Great work and I love the sarcasm that I can hear in even in your text :) You could almost be one of my own children (except I'm too young to have a kid as old as you). See, catch the sarcasm.